A quick-and-easy salad for when your diet needs a reset. Greens and vegetables in a 3-ingredient no-mix dressing. A simple, fresh, healthy side.
This may appear to be just another salad, but don’t be fooled.
It requires just 5 minutes and 1 bowl to make, and the dressing doesn’t require mixing! Oh yeah.
It’s literally a lazy cook’s dream: Dump a bunch of ingredients in a bowl and call it a meal. And it’s healthy! Does it get any better than that?
A bed of greens is topped with veggies, sunflower seeds, ripe avocado for healthy fats, and dried cranberries for a little sweetness. Then drizzle on tahini, lemon, and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. It makes the salad taste so delicious + the no mixing means one less dish to clean up.
To add more protein to this salad, serve with cooked (and cooled) quinoa, baked chickpeas, or additional sunflower seeds.
- ~8 cups (~250 g) mixed greens or roughly chopped kale (I mixed both)
- 1/4 cup (29 g) diced red onion
- 3-4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp (5 g) roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- optional: 2-3 Tbsp dried cranberries (or other fruit)
- 1/4 cup (60 g) tahini
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced (~1/4 cup or 60 ml)
- Healthy pinch each sea salt + black pepper
- Add the greens to a large serving bowl and top with red onion, radishes, sunflower seeds, avocado, and dried cranberries (optional).
- Next drizzle on tahini and olive oil and squeeze on lemon juice (no need to mix beforehand! The separation makes for more enhanced individual flavors + 1 less dish). Season with salt and pepper, and toss gently before serving.
- Best when fresh, though leftovers keep (undressed) up to 3 days in the refrigerator.