Rice crispy treats are one of those iconic recipes from childhood. Well, I just gave them a major upgrade with these easy Chocolate Rice Crispy Squares. I love this recipe because it only contains simple ingredients and it can literally be made in just a few minutes. If you love chocolate, you may also want to try my fudgy flourless brownies and my chocolate coffee cheesecake.
These delicious chocolate bars are vegan and gluten free. They can easily be made nut free by using sunflower butter in place of the cashew butter. I used brown rice cereal in this recipe. Only ingredient is brown puffed rice. You should be able to find it at any health food store. I have also seen it at Target on occasion.
Chocolate Rice Crispy Squares
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Serves: 18 squares
- In a large saucepan, on medium heat, cook the cashew butter, chocolate chips, coconut oil and maple syrup. Make sure you are stirring often until the mixture is smooth.
- Once smooth, stir in the crispy cereal and remove from heat. Mix so that all the cereal is coated.
- Line an 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Spoon batter into the baking dish and press the mixture down firmly.
- Place in the fridge to set. This should take about 30 minutes.
- Once the mixture has set, cut into bars and serve.