Crispy cereal reminds me of my childhood. I have made rice crispy treats so many times as a child. These Coconut Crispy Bars are a different spin on them. If you are a lover of all things coconut, you will love these!
If you would rather see a chocolate version, you can check out this recipe. These would make the perfect treat for school lunchboxes since they are nut free.
I used brown rice crispy cereal with no added sugar for these, but really, any rice crispy cereal will work. This recipe also may be yummy with a chocolate rice crispy cereal. This recipe is great because you get a delicious coconut flavor, with hints of vanilla, and the crispy crunch to finish it off.
If you love the coconut vanilla combo, you may also like my coconut vanilla overnight oats.
Coconut Crispy Bars
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Serves: 18 small squares
- In a medium sized saucepan, on medium heat, add all the ingredients, except the rice cereal. Once everything looks mixed well, add the rice cereal and stir until everything is well incorporated.
- Line an 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Spoon batter into the baking dish and press down firmly.
- Place baking dish in the fridge to set. This should take about 30 minutes.
- Once the mixture is set, use a pizza cutter, or a large knife, to cut into squares.
- Store these bars in the fridge. They should last at least a week that way.
They can also be frozen for up to 6 months. Enjoy!