It’s officially fall as of last week so I am officially posting a pumpkin recipe! We’re also having a heat wave here in California, so an ice cream recipe seems appropriate for that reason, too.
This recipe has a total of 6 ingredients including the coconut milk, dairy-free milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin puree. The ingredients get blended together and chilled:
By the way, aren’t these soapstone and acacia bowls the cutest? They were sent to me by the folks at Uncommon Goods, an online retailer featuring unique items from independent artisans. Over half of the items sold are made by hand, and I adore checking out their unique selection of gift items.
These bowls can be pre-chilled to help keep cold foods cold and pre-warmed to keep soups hot. I’m thinking they would great for pumpkin soup!
I’m offering a giveaway as part of this post for one $25 gift card to the site (open to U.S. residents only). To enter, use the Rafflecopter link below. While you’re at it, may I suggest checking out the anniversary gift selection that Uncommon Goods is currently promoting here.
Here’s the Rafflecopter entry link for the $25 gift card:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
And, the printable recipe:
- 1 13.5-ounce can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup of organic, unsweetened dairy-free milk (I used soy milk, feel free to use almond milk to make this recipe paleo)
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla bean powder OR vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅓ cup of real maple syrup
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree (no other added ingredients)
- Combine the ingredients into a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and refrigerate until chilled (at least 2 hours).
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice-cream make and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- You may need to freeze the ice cream an additional hour or so to harden.
Items recommended for this recipe:
- BPA-free organic coconut milk with no added gums or preservatives
- Fair-trade vanilla bean powder
- Organic pumpkin puree
- Organic pumpkin pie spice
- Ice cream maker
- High-speed blender
- Ice cream scoop
- Soapstone bowls for serving
Pin this recipe to save it for later: Let’s stay connected by e-mail! Sign up here to receive my weekly newsletter with all kinds of fresh recipes and inspiration.