With winter holidays come some of my favorite treats: cookies! I love spending a day baking in the kitchen; especially when it has been wet and chilly like it has here. The warm oven, terrific aromas, and the quality assurance testing for each batch…
Another great idea for these Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies is to package them up as gifts for friends and family!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons canola oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chunks/chips
- 3/4 cup chopped peppermint candies
- 3/4 cup chopped vegan white chocolate
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together sugars, oil, non-dairy milk, flaxseed and vanilla extract until combined evenly. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt, until combined. Add wet mixture into dry, mixing well until there are no dry spots. Fold chocolate chips and peppermint chunks into cookie dough.
- Scoop roughly 2-tablespoon-sized mounds onto the baking sheets, spread 1½” apart. Flatten slightly and repeat until all dough is used; this should create 24-28 cookies.
- Place cookies in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, switching racks midway through. Cool cookies on rack for 20 minutes before finishing them.
- Melt vegan white chocolate chunks by either microwaving for 30 seconds or using the double-boiler method. Whisk until smooth and wait for it to cool down enough for drizzling. Test this out by drizzling your finger and seeing if it melts everywhere or creates nice lines (you want the latter).
- Drizzle white chocolate over cookies and top with chopped candy pieces. Serve, or let set for 15 minutes before packaging for friends!
The post Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies appeared first on Vegan Yack Attack.