An average adult gains one pound a year, and this steady weight gain may most likely be attributed to what you eat, according to the research published in New England Journal of Medicine. Did you know that by eating just one additional serving of French fries led to an increase in weight to 3.35 pounds over a period of four years? But all this can be reversed with just small diet tweaks. So it can be safely said that the path to burn fat effectively includes focusing on consuming a healthier diet rather than simply counting calories. Watch out for those favourite foods which are cushioning your belly and causing more weight gain. Here’s a list of foods that are good for you as well as the ones you should avoid in order to maintain the desired weight level:
1. Fruits: Adding fruits to your daily diet will not only keep you healthy, but also help you lose weight. 1 cup of berries packs in just 83 calories. So while you relish them, you don’t put on weight either.
2. Vegetables: Don’t just rely on meat. Go for vegetables with high fiber and water content. Did you know that 1 cup of red peppers gives you just 46 calories? So make it a part of your intake.
3. Nuts: You may think that nuts are high in fats, then how could they serve the purpose? Yes, indeed they contain fats but of the monounsaturated kinds which are good for the body. These fats help prevent weight gain. A half cup of almonds equals 265 calories. So consume carefully!
4. Low-fat dairy products: Those who prefer whole-fat dairy products such as butter, cheese, and milk tend to gain more weight than those who prefer slim or low-fat products.
5. Yogurt: Low-fat yogurt can become the ultimate fat burning food and those who eat it regularly can actually lose weight.
6. Potato chips: This food is the worst offender in terms of weight. A direct ticket to obesity, potato chips must be nowhere near you.
7. Potatoes: Not only in fried form, potatoes can spur weight gain even in boiled, mashed, and baked forms too. A medium baked potato gives you 161 calories.
8. Whole grains: These are great for digestion, controlling cholesterol and triggering fat loss. 2 slices of whole-grain bread contain 180 calories.
9. Refined grains: White rice, white bread, white pasta, and all-purpose flour do not contain fiber or any key nutrients. Moreover, they tend to make you gain weight as well. Just one-fourth cup of white rice gives you 145 calories.
10. Sugar-sweetened beverages: Soda has been linked to the rising rates of obesity and many studies have proved the ill-effects of soda. It is better to avoid these drinks to safeguard your health.
11. Drinks showing 100% fruit juice: Research has shown that drinking 100% fruit juice and is not as good as eating whole fruits. An 8 oz orange juice gives you 112 calories.
12. Diet soda: Around the world, diet soda is one of the most regularly consumed foods which is assumed to have more than a few ill-effects. But it can actually help burn fat as 8 oz. diet soda contains 1 calorie and 28mg sodium. These figures are subject to change according to manufacturers.
What is a must-have if you want to lose weight?
These are many diet supplements in the market today which claim to offer you the required benefits. But a natural diet such as green coffee can have better effect on weight management efforts. Follow green coffee pure diet which offers fat burning benefits due to a compound called chlorogenic acid.