The holidays are upon us and I wanted to share an easy snack recipe for this busy week. You can also serve this Gingerbread Chia Pudding for breakfast, it’s the perfect meal or snack with its balance of fat, protein, and carbs:
By the way, this recipe was inspired by the Overnight Pumpkin Chia Pudding recipe I saw in the latest Paleo Magazine issue.
And, here’s the recipe for the Gingerbread Chia Pudding:
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup pumpkin or butternut squash puree
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or molasses
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of ground ginger
- 1/2 cup whole chia seeds
- Dairy-free yogurt, if desired, for topping
- Combine coconut milk, water, puree, and maple syrup or molasses in a medium size bowl. Use a whisk to stir together. Add the pumpkin pie spice, ground ginger and chia seeds to the bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Set aside and whisk again in 5 minutes, making sure that the chia seeds don’t clump together.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of your favorite dairy-free yogurt, if desired.
Items recommended for this recipe:
- Additive-free and organic coconut milk
- Organic pumpkin pie spice
- Organic ground ginger
- Organic chia seeds
- Organic pumpkin or butternut squash puree in a BPA-free container
- Small whisk
The Gingerbread Chia Pudding (Dairy and Gluten-Free) first appeared on Carrie On Living