Bread is a huge part of our food culture. Some form of bread is included in nearly all restaurant and home cooked meals. We grew up eating bread, and we give our kids bread. Bread is part of who we are.
So what do you do when you figure out that grains (bread) doesn’t belong in a truly healthy diet? Throw out your bread box and be done with it?
Well, that approach would work, but I’d rather adapt my bread recipes by using real food ingredients and leaving the grains out. This way there’s still a slice of something warm and soft to be eaten with dinner, and I can still make French Toast on the weekends.
Yes, you can still enjoy a slice of bread while avoiding grains and gluten. This moist bread is made with almond meal, which gives it a delicious nutty flavor. It is good for lunches spread with peanut-butter and fruit-only jelly.
It only takes about 5 minutes to prepare and then 45 mins to bake.
Easy Almond Bread
A Recipe by Diana Keuilian
Prep Time: 5mins
Cook Time: 45mins
Total Time: 50mins
- 5 cups almond meal OR for whiter bread, Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 heaping teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 omega-3, free range eggs
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Generously grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs then add honey and vinegar. Add the wet ingredients to dry ones and mix until fully combined.
- Fill prepared loaf pan, smooth the top of the dough. Bake for 45 mins or until golden brown.
- Loosen side of bread immediately after removing from oven, then allow to cool completely before removing from pan.
Serving size: 1 Slice
This Almond Bread Recipe is low carb, high protein, gluten-free, and tasty!
Originally posted on Real Healthy Recipes