Maybe someone you know has done a juice cleanse and talked about their great results. If you want to try it yourself but don’t know how, just read on.
Juices used to just be something we drank to give us a change from water, tea and coffee. Now, we realize how healthy they can be, and also interesting. They are recognized as being very efficient when dieting, or when you want a fast detox.
Because a juice cleanse is a liquid diet, it can only be used for a short period of time, ranging from 1-30 days. Any longer, then you should have medical supervision. A juice cleanse is an effective and extreme form of detox, because of the absence of solid food.
Fruit and vegetable juices are great suppliers of nutrients to your body and provide a healthy detox. They are digested easily, so they do not aggravate your digestive system. Another benefit is that juices give your body time to remove toxins without absorbing new ones. The bonus is that your liver has time to rejuvenate and repair itself.
You can blend or squeeze your fruit and vegetables, whichever is easiest for you. A few examples to use are: apples, cranberries, pineapple, beets, carrots, celery, cabbage, kale or spinach. Now, I would like to suggest a few guidelines to a successful Juice Cleanse.
1. Take a Juice Cleanse in the Spring, or at least in the warmer months. When it is cold, juice alone is not enough to sustain you.
2. A week before you plan to start your Juice Detox, reduce or cut out such foods as eggs, sugar, meat, fish, dairy products, coffee, smoking and alcohol.
3. You need to drink around 32-64 ounces of juice every day. Space the drinks regularly throughout the day. Mix whatever you fancy but avoid citrus fruit as it may cause stomach upsets.
4. Always use fresh fruit and vegetables when possible, as unlike processed food, they obviously have no preservatives .
5. If you find the juice only too difficult, then take one small meal a day. There is no point being miserable. This is meant to be good for you.
6. When you have finished your juice cleanse, go back to solid food gradually, otherwise it is too great a shock for your digestive system to handle. For example, on the first day after your detox, eat steamed vegetables and a couple of pieces of fruit. Build up slowly over 5-6 days until you are back to eating normally. This is also a good time to improve your eating generally.
Even when you are eating normally, still make up some juices to drink, rather than eat something unhealthy in between meals. A juice cleanse is a great way to detox your body from toxins. You will have the added benefits of a loss in weight, glowing skin and more energy. So, get Juicing!!!!