Summer is not totally over yet, so I am making you a Mango and Black Bean Quinoa Salad. I just love salads.
Last month when I went home to Boston, my stepmom made this awesome pasta salad with mangoes, black beans, corn, pasta, cilantro and lime. I really enjoyed it, so I decided to come home and make a twist on that recipe. I used quinoa in place of the pasta, since I am not a huge pasta fan. I think this came out really good!
This would be perfect for parties and it’s also very easy to make. This Mango and Black Bean Quinoa Salad is vegan and gluten free. I highly recommend topping it with avocado. So good!
Mango and Black Bean Quinoa Salad
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Serves: 3-4 servings
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups cooked black beans OR 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn (I used frozen and thawed)
- ½ cup green onion, diced
- ¾ cup diced mango
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 T fresh cilantro, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 T orange juice
- Sea salt to taste
- Optional: ½ an avocado, sliced
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and place in the fridge for 30 minutes so the flavors can marinate. This should keep for at least 3-4 days in the fridge. Enjoy!