For special occasions, holidays and birthdays, this vegan cheesecake could be one of the best go-to dessert! Not only do they look special and fancy, but they are absolutely delicious. Bonus– they’re actually super simple to make! Bring this dessert to any occasions and everyone will surely love it. Vegan or not, I think they will enjoy this Mint Chip Vegan Cheesecake.
This recipe is from Emily of PrettyPies.com here to share another whole-foods dessert with you… one that can quickly became an obsession– vegan cheesecake!
From the author:
About two years ago, I cut out dairy as part of the quest to help my digestion. That’s when my love affair with dairy-free desserts began. In fact, I LOVE vegan cheesecakes so much, I’m never going back to making “regular” cheesecakes (even though it turns out my gut didn’t have any issues with dairy after all! Haha! Oh well)
Even without the dairy, vegan cheesecakes have a texture and flavor similar to their cream-cheese counterparts, and JUST as yummy. This one is made from some of my favorite things on the planet: cashews and coconut! Cashew cream and coconut cream make the RICH and creamy base for this decadent mint flavored cheesecake. And finely chopped mint chocolate mixed in creates an amazing layer of texture and flavor. Mint and chocolate are a match made in heaven. So. GOOD.
TIP: Use chocolate shavings or finely chopped chocolate in cold desserts (like cheesecake and ice cream) and chocolate chips in warm desserts (like cookies and cakes) since the chips will harden when you chill the dessert. Personally, this makes a *world* of difference in the taste! Otherwise, I feel like I’m eating little rocks, haha!
Trust me when I say this is an EASY dessert to make. If you can press a button on a food processor, you can make this. Dump the ingredients in and blend it! If you want to add some garnishes like chocolate drizzle or whipped cream, those are super simple, too! Promise.
I almost forgot to mention– this is a NO-BAKE cheesecake! (Does it get any better than that?!) Blend it up and put in the freezer to set. That’s it! See?? Easy!
And possibly my favorite part of vegan cheesecakes– they’re made from PLANTS, haha! Naturally free from gluten, dairy and grains, but FULL of nutrients! Vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber, and healthy fats that make them pretty from the inside out!
Mint Chip Vegan Cheesecake
Decadent dairy-free mint cream flecked with bits of chocolate on a chewy chocolate crust!
Prep Time: 30mins
Cook Time 4hr
Total Time: 4h 30mins
- 1 1/4 cups almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 Tbs raw cacao
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of pink salt
- Splash of water to help blend
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk (refrigerated overnight, solid cream only)
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup coconut oil (melted & warm)
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp mint extract, to taste (not peppermint)
- Dash of pink salt
- 1/2 bar of mint chocolate, or dark chocolate (about 1/3 cup shaved/finely chopped)
- Coconut whipped cream
- Melted chocolate or chocolate shavings
- Pulse all ingredients together in a food processor. Add a splash of water if it’s too dry.
- Press into a parchment-lined 7″ springform pan.
- Drain and rinse cashews. Blend cashews in a food processor or blender until finely ground.
- Add in remaining ingredients except chocolate. Blend smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Gently pulse or stir in the chocolate.
- Pour over crust and freeze until solid (at least 3 hours).
- Remove from springform and transfer to refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Garnish with melted chocolate and whipped cream, if desired (see notes). Enjoy!
To make the chocolate drizzle, place chopped chocolate in a double boiler. (I use a glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water). Stir frequently until melted. Pour on cake. Easy peasy. I like to chill the cheesecake afterward to harden the chocolate so it has a delicate crunch. Looove.
To make coconut whipped cream, use the leftover can coconut milk from this recipe or another full can. Scoop out only the solid white cream. (Save the coconut water in the bottom of the can for a smoothie!) Beat the solid cream, 1-2 Tbs maple syrup and 2 tsp vanilla with a mixer until whipped and fluffy. I put mine in a gallon-size bag and snipped off the corner to pipe it on. Cuz I’m fancy like that haha
Keep refrigerated. Should last about a week in the fridge. You can freeze for longer storage, but I would do so without the garnishes.
The post Mint Chip Vegan Cheesecake appeared first on My Whole Food Life.