Maybe you need a last-minute party treat or just something sweet for yourself (that’s okay too!), so here is a recipe for Homemade Peppermint Patties. They are so fun and yummy, and made without oil or refined sugar:
This recipe has six ingredients, but it’s still easy to make. The combination of coconut butter and cocoa butter is good because it adds to the chocolatey-ness of this sweet treat. You’ll see from the photos that these aren’t the pretty peppermint patties that you buy in a store. This homemade version will have imperfections in appearance, that’s just how it goes, but the flavor makes up for any visual flaws.
Homemade Peppermint Patties (Vegan & Paleo)
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dairy-free chocolate baking chips
- Combine coconut butter and cocoa butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until the coconut and cocoa butters are melted and remove from heat. Whisk in the vanilla and honey.
- Use a serving spoon to carefully pour the mixture into a silicone mold or a mini muffin tray.
- Place the mold or tray into the freezer for at least 30 minutes to set. This will be the bottom layer of your peppermint patties.
- After 30 minutes, remove the tray and set aside.
- Place the chocolate baking chips in a double-boiler or a microwavable bowl. Heat until just melted, stirring until smooth. Pour the chocolate over the peppermint patties to form the top layer.
- Place your mold or tray back in the freezer for at least another 30 minutes or until the chocolate has re-solidified. Carefully remove the patties from the mold or tray and serve cold or slightly cool.
- If your house is warm, keep leftovers in the fridge so they don’t melt.
- Organic coconut butter, also called manna
- Organic cocoa butter (make sure you’re using a version made for eating as opposed to ones made for beauty items)
- Vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract
- Vegan chocolate baking chips
- Silicone daisy flexible mold
The post Homemade Peppermint Patties (Vegan and Paleo) was originally posted on Carrie On Living