Decadent, delicious, nutrient-dense and, while it seems like crusted chicken breast would be a pain to prepare, this recipe is actually very straight-forward!
I love how this recipe demonstrates two things very effectively: 1) Paleo cooking doesn’t have to be hard; and 2) Paleo foods are delicious! Because of how many people tackle Paleo as a New Year’s Resolution, it seemed like the perfect recipe to share to dispel these pervasive Paleo myths!
This recipe is very versatile. Go ahead and add your favorite spice blend to the ground pecan mixture. Allergic to nuts? Pumpkin seeds make a delicious nut-free alternative! This is a fun base recipe that you can play around with to make your own signature dish!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts (about 2lbs)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups broth
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone liner.
- Pulse pecans in a food processor until the consistency of coarse sand. Combine with salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Gently whip egg white with a fork.
- Dry chicken breasts with paper towel. Dredge in egg white and gently wipe off excess with your fingers. Dredge in pecans then place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flipping at the 15-minute mark.
- Meanwhile, cut cauliflower into florets. Place in a pot with garlic and broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Simmer 15 minutes, until cauliflower is overcooked. Pour broth and cauliflower into a high powered blender. Blend for 1 minute, or until completely smooth. Taste and season with salt to taste.
- Serve chicken with gravy.
The post Pecan-Crusted Chicken Breast with Cauliflower Gravy appeared first on The Paleo Mom.