After all the holiday dessert indulging, this healthy Red Lentil and Spinach Soup is a great way to get back on track! I just love a good soup recipe, don’t you?
This soup is super quick to whip up too. I made mine on the stove top, but I am sure you could do a slow cooker version as well. It’s vegan and gluten free.
Red Lentil and Spinach Soup
by: Melissa King
Get back on the healthy track with this Red Lentil and Spinach Soup. A simple meal sure to please! Vegan and gluten free.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1-2 tsp cumin (depending on home much you like)
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- 3 handfuls baby spinach
- In a large stock pot, add all the ingredients except for the spinach. Bring to a boil, then cover, turn down the heat, and simmer until the lentils are soft.
- Lastly, add the spinach and cook just long enough for it to wilt.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
This soup should last at least a week in the fridge and you can freeze it for up to 6 months. Enjoy!
The post Red Lentil and Spinach Soup appeared first on My Whole Food Life.