Welcome to my Relaxation & Stress Relief Gift Guide! I had so much fun picking out a selection of items that support health and well-being at any time of the year:
The holidays seem especially appropriate for focusing on stress management, and I have used every single one of these items to help with just that, although they’re also pretty great for the rest of the year, too.
So, if you’re shopping for a loved one or just want to get a treat for yourself, then check out my list (full disclosure: some affiliate links included where I get a small commission when you use my link…thank you in advance)!
- Ancient Minerals Magnesium Bath Flakes: these are essentially an upgraded version of epson salts. The flakes dissolve in seconds in warm water and help improve blood levels of magnesium which can help muscles relax (note: be sure to check with your healthcare provider to make sure magnesium supplementation is okay for you). I wouldn’t think of taking a bath without them.
- Reclaimed Paper Sketchbook: I’m convinced that keeping a journal is helpful for managing stress and improving happiness. It’s such a simple practice, even taking a few minutes to write down 5 things you’re grateful for can make a big difference. You can read more on this topic in my blog post “How to Create a Worry Journal” here. While you’re at it, pick a journal that is pretty and inviting like this colorful one.
- Organic Peppermint Rooibos Herbal Tea: well, there’s not much more comforting than sitting down with a hot cuppa’ tea. I love rooibos because it’s caffeine-free and not watery like herbal teas. Feel free to try blends that appeal to you but peppermint can be soothing to the digestive system if you’re feeling stressed out.
- Ultrasonic Real Bamboo Diffuser: I adore this bamboo diffuser because it looks pretty on my countertop, and it has some great features like a timer and colored optional lights. For true relaxation, try scents like lavender or cinnamon.
- Hot Pain Relief Wrap: stress can cause tight muscles, especially in the shoulder and neck region, so my husband and I each have our own microwavable clay hot pack that we use while watching tv or relaxing on the couch.
- Shiatsu Pillow Massager with Heat: I can’t emphasize how much I love this massager pillow. The shiatsu balls rotate with or without heat, but this product helps me stave off migraines from tension in my neck. I can’t live without this now and I use it almost daily. The massager is on a 20-minute cycle, too, so I usually end up meditating or just sitting quietly during that time. I always feel better afterward.
- Noise Cancelling Headphones: I don’t do well with a lot of noise around me, and that can be a problem during the holidays when we might have houseguests. To be honest, sometimes my husband even makes too much noise when I would rather be listening to music or focusing on something else. These noise-cancelling headphones really work! I even used them on the plane rides to and from Europe this summer, and they cancelled out the deafening sound of the jet engines. Worth the money!
- Valerian Root Liquid Phyto-Capsules: you most definitely need to do your own research and/or ideally talk with your healthcare professional before taking a new supplement, but I have personally found valerian root to be very effective when I can’t sleep. In fact, if I know I’m going to have a restless night because I’m worried about something happening the next day, I’ll take two of these capsules an hour before bedtime, and I end up sleeping very well.
- Raw Beeswax Tapers: candles and firelight are so ingrained in our evolutionary biology. Now that the days are shorter, it’s natural and calming to have dimmer lighting in the evening. I highly recommend eating dinner by candlelight. Don’t settle for the toxic-filled regular wax candles, though. Beeswax or soy are safe alternatives.
Happy shopping! Please leave me a comment below if you would like to see more themed gift guides. I’d love to do more if you want them.
Let’s stay connected by e-mail! Sign up here to receive my weekly “Insiders Only” newsletter with dairy- and gluten-free seasonal recipes and inspiration.
When you sign up, you can choose to receive new blog posts and/or my newsletter. I’ll never sell your name and you can unsubscribe at any time.