Calling all ice cream fans! This Salted Caramel Cashew Ice Cream is a must make. I think it is my new favorite. Before making this recipe, my favorite was the cherry chocolate chip ice cream. The best part about this ice cream is that is has zero added sugar.
That’s right. You heard me correct. This healthier ice cream recipe is sweetened only with dates! The dates make up the caramel portion of this recipe.
If you don’t like the taste of coconut, please know that you really can’t taste it at all. You can mostly taste the cashews and caramel goodness of the dates. So delicious!!
Salted Caramel Cashew Ice Cream
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Serves: 4-5 servings
- Make sure your ice cream bowl has been in the freezer for at least 18 hours before making this recipe.
- Drain the dates and add them to a blender. Blend until smooth. Then add the sea salt and blend again. Set date mixture aside.
- Add the coconut milk and cashew butter to the blender and blend until smooth. Pour the coconut milk/cashew mixture into the ice cream bowl and turn the ice cream machine on.
- It should take about 15-20 minutes to make ice cream. When the ice cream looks about halfway done, add the date caramel to the mixture and finish making the batch.
- Transfer to ice cream tubs and store in the freezer. I like these tubs. This should last in the freezer for at least 3 months. Enjoy!