For my friends who celebrate, I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend full of cheer and love.
And, just like that, it’s time to think about New Year’s Eve! I’m sharing this new recipe for a Sparkling Tart Cherry Mocktail that is both alcohol- and sugar-free:
As mentioned, the recipe is an alcohol-free cocktail that you can serve at your New Year’s celebration. Let’s get real. Mocktails are never as fun as the real thing, but it’s better than alcohol and it’s good to have something sparkly for the non-drinkers and designated drivers.
This recipe is also health promoting! Tart cherry juice has been studied for its superfood qualities, such as increasing natural melatonin in the body that helps regulate circadian rhythm which can improve sleep.
Beyond the health benefits, the flavor of the tart cherry is lovely and it pairs really nicely with the sweet Cara Cara orange juice:
This recipe is so simple because you just combine the tart cherry concentrate with fresh orange and lime juice:
You can make the juice ahead of time and store it in an airtight glass container until you’re ready to serve:
Then, when it’s drinking time, just add equal amounts of sparkling mineral water and the concentrate to your prettiest glasses and serve (honestly, this recipe works great for sangrias, too):
Sparkling Tart Cherry Mocktail
- ¼ cup tart cherry juice
- 1 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice (from about 2 large oranges)
- ¼ cup freshly-squeezed lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- Sparkling mineral water, chilled
- Combine the cherry juice, orange juice, and lime juice in a glass jar with a lid.
- When you’re ready to serve, pour an equal ratio of the juice and the sparkling water into a pretty cocktail glass and give it a stir. Serve cold.
- Organic, no sugar-added tart cherry juice
- Stainless steel citrus squeezer
- Electric citrus juicer
The Sparkling Tart Cherry Mocktail first appeared on Carrie On Living