You guys! I made these delicious Sweet Potato Coffee Cake Muffins. They taste like a sweet coffee cake, but they come with hidden serving of veggies! My kids had no idea and ate them up. I promise you will devour them too. I mean, just look at that crumble topping! They go perfect with a cup of coffee.
These healthy muffins are vegan and gluten free. Free of refined sugar, but full of flavor. I added nice spices like the cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger that will leave your kitchen smelling like Fall.
I made my muffins jumbo sized, but you can make regular muffins as well. However, the cooking time in the recipe will be for jumbo. You need to cut down the cooking time for standard sized muffins.
Sweet Potato Coffee Cake Muffins
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: 6 jumbo muffins
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup pureed cooked sweet potato
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs will also work)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- Crumb Topping:
- 4 T gluten free oat flour
- 3 T coconut sugar
- 2 T coconut oil (measure after melting)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients for the muffins.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
- Add dry to wet and mix until combined.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin pans. I used jumbo sized muffins. If you use standard size, the cooking time will be less.
- To make the crumble, mix the crumble ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle a little on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool before removing from pans and storing.