Pancake is a mainstay breakfast meal. But is a pancake without having to use flour even possible? Well, tell you what, the paleo pancake recipe is the answer to your question. Yes! We can make pancakes out of paleo based ingredients. All you need to get are ripe bananas, eggs, and a heaping of almond butter.
This paleo pancake recipe is very easy to make, and it is also a good source of potassium because of the banana as the main ingredient of this recipe and that is something that you don’t get from ordinary pancakes. Enjoy!
Course: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
Cuisine: Paleo, Primal
- 2 Ripe bananas
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Heaping of Almond Butter
- Mash up the bananas
- Add in the egg and mix into the batter
- Stir in the almond butter to the mix (more almond butter = more pancake-y type texture)
- Cover pan with butter or coconut oil
- Cook the pancakes until brown on each side
- Top with fruit as needed
Paleo Pancake Resources & Tips
If you want to customize or tweak your pancake recipe to your own liking, here are a few more tips.
- Add more almond butter for more pancake-y type texturing (the more almond butter added, the more solid the pancake)
- Top with warm grass-fed butter to really bring out the flavor.
- Top with fruit (we recommend blueberries, blackberries and strawberries).
- Depending on where you fall on the sugar spectrum, you may want to add some all-natural maple syrup for a slight sweetened flavor.
- If you want to stay away from syrup, you can go with a lighter sweetener and use some natural honey. It’s absolutely delicious.
This paleo Pancake recipe first appeared on Ultimate Paleo Guide