If you’re hosting a holiday brunch this season, a vegan hot chocolate and coffee bar is a delicious way to welcome your frozen friends and family into your home. While our hot chocolate recipe is rich and tasty enough to drink on its own, we recommend decorating it with spices, candy, and other toppings to take it to the next level.
These are some of our favorites hot chocolate mix-ins:
- Peppermint extract
- Almond extract
- Orange extract
- Coconut whipped cream
- Candy canes
- Vegan marshmallows
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Cayenne pepper (just a pinch!)
- Cinnamon sticks
- Peanut butter
- Banana slices
- Vegan Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Oreo Crumbs
Seriously, chocolate pairs well with just about everything. You can’t go wrong! We also like to set out a French press of rich, aromatic coffee as an option for those who’ve yet to have their caffeine fix for the day. As it would happen, coffee also pairs wonderfully with coconut whipped cream and candy canes. A win for all!
- 6 cups vanilla almond milk, unsweetened
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. agave nectar
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all of the hot chocolate ingredients in a crock pot or slow cooker. Cover and heat on high for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- When you’re ready to serve, turn your crock pot or slow cooker to the “warm” setting and uncover. Ladle the hot chocolate into mugs and add your desired toppings. Serve warm.
The post Vegan Hot Chocolate & Coffee Bar appeared first on Well Vegan.