These vegan- and paleo-friendly Pumpkin Pie Bites are great for a seasonal, healthy treat:
This cookie recipe is a tweak on my classic Chocolate-Coconut version, but with the addition of pumpkin pie spice for that pumpkin pie flavor.
I just made a batch this way for an anniversary party at my gym this coming weekend, and I know my health-minded friends will love them. I will also be making another batch next weekend for a Halloween party! BTW, do you like to dress up? I am so pathetic when it comes to designing a good costume. But, at least I’ll have yummy treats to share with my friends.
Here’s my printable recipe:
- 1½ cups almonds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder (optional, for chocolate lovers)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 10 pitted Medjool dates, about 1 cup
- Combine almonds, hemp seeds, coconut, pumpkin pie spice, cocoa powder (optional), coconut oil, and maple syrup in a food processor. Turn the processor on high for about 2 minutes.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl, if necessary.
- Then, turn on the processor again and feed the dates into the feeding tube one by one. The ingredients should then be well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and then use your hands to roll the dough into about 12-15 cookies, about 1-1/2” in diameter.
- Place the cookies in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours to chill. The cookies can then be served cold or at room temperature.
Items recommended for this recipe (full disclosure: Amazon.com affiliate links included where I get a small commission if you use my links…thank you in advance):
- Food processor (I use a Breville Sous Chef)
- Organic hemp seeds, also called hemp hearts
- Organic pumpkin pie spice that has a really nice flavor…my favorite one!
Pin this recipe to save for later:
Let’s stay connected by e-mail! Sign up here to receive my weekly newsletter with dairy- and gluten-free seasonal recipes and inspiration.